I don’t know how does being emotionally stable feels like but i do know how does being emotionally unstable feel and how does it feel when you are on your way of being emotionally stable.
It sucks when you need somebody to feel worthy , to feel loved and to feel less lonely and vulnerable. And you let unworthy people in your life who do more damage to you and leave you more vulnerable knowing that they can comeback whenever they want to and we will let them in. But now i know that i don’t need anyone else as much as i need me, it’s tough , it’s tough being all on your own , but it’s worth it. It’s worth all the pain to have that sense of completeness , to be self dependent.
And these are the steps to become less emotionally unstable even if not completely.
- Love your past:- Enough of faking it, enough of avoiding it, enough of hating it. We all have our own reasons to feel connected with past or not wanting to feel connected with past but if we truly want to love ourselves we need to embrace our past and all those experiences that have shape us.
- Keep toxic people away:- The biggest downfall of being emotionally unstable is that you let toxic people in your life easily and cling on too long even when its not good for you, letting go is always hard. But all we get is fake promises, fake hopes and real vulnerability. You need to get them out of your life even if it kills you, because they are harmful for you and once you don’t have more toxic people in your life you will start to heal, slowly and gradually
- Put effort in yourself:- Instead of putting all your energy in others put that effort in yourself. Learn to put yourself on the top of your priority list. Manage your time , do what you like to do , develop yourself.
- Let time take charge :- There is no medicine like time. Time heals the wounds of past and let us see the past in different light too.
- Do not fare on temporary feelings:- Something our generation excels at. With innumerable chatting apps, dating sites and in the era of casual sex and one night stands we most of the time fare on temporary feelings. Even if we know that this is not going to last we indulge ourselves emotionally ,
Keep toxic people out of your life, stop being toxic for yourself.
It might take time, it might take days or months or years but it will happen .One morning you will wake up without wanting anybody , one day you will embrace yourself with all your imperfections.
Maybe you will put all your effort in loving yourself instead of trying to waste it on someone else.
There are things you might not have control on or maybe you do have control on but sometimes its better to leave them on time because time maybe an abstract concept but is a healer .